The Goose that laid the Golden Egg!
Once upon a time there lived a farmer in a sunny island called Singapore.
One day, the farmer was sold a Goose that laid the "golden egg". He was overjoyed and excited (actually lost some sleep) and he could not wait to tell his friends and neighbors about the Goose and the "golden egg".
But not all believed him and some even ridiculed him for his foolishness. The reasons: some assumed that all "golden eggs" were the same and were meant to be consumed while some thought that the "golden eggs" were rotten and the Goose deserved to be slaughtered.
Not wanting to be ridiculed, the farmer decided that the way to help his skeptic friends and neighbors to prosper was to prove that the Goose was no ordinary goose but one that can bring fortune to those who believe and work to keep the Goose from harm.
The farmer also wanted to demonstrate that the "golden egg" was too special to be classified as ordinary survival food and that for many, the "golden egg" may be the one and only source to financial independence.
So the farmer went about feeding the Goose. Soon,
he was able to hatch and share these "golden eggs" with his
friends and neighbors. When these "golden eggs" hatched and grew to become Geese that laid
more "golden eggs", these friends and neighbors were equally
overjoyed and excited.
The moral of this story can be summed up with the quotation:
"Changes in opportunities go through three stages: first, it's ridiculed; secondly, its opposed; and finally, it will serve as self-evident. The problem is that only 3 percent of us will get involved in the first two stages, which is where the opportunity lies. The other 97 percent will wait until it's self-evident." - German Philosopher, Arthur Schopenhauer.
So, the best way to go about sharing the goodness of "The Goose that laid the Golden Egg!" success story is to:
Yes, lets Make Love Multiply or M L M for short ;). This is exactly what I am doing with this story!
My dear friends, shouldn't YOU make it YOUR Biz to M L M each day with your love ones and for your love ones?
© copyrighted - Authored on 14 March 2003 by Loo Kee Sin.
p.s. this story was inspired from an International Speech Contest's speech delivered on 12 March 2003 by my fellow Toastmaster, CTM Daniel Ong of the SRC Toastmasters Club, Singapore's Premier Oasis on the Padang.
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Luke 6:38 - give, and it shall be given unto you...